Friday, August 10, 2007

Technology

I find that the more I read and learn, the less I feel like I know. I spent the evening setting up my Technorati account and now it doesn't know me. Frustrating. Then it took me several tries to log into my new classroom wiki. Finally got that working and my new Yahoo mail was giving me trouble. Some nights I think cyberspace goes on strike!

In the meantime, I have started creating some new lesson plans for the coming year. I am feeling better about the new classes and about integrating technology into the curriculum. I have two weeks left to learn a lot of things, but I am up to the task. I really want my students to enjoy English and Social Studies and be interested enough to engage in learning. This may be my first year teaching English and Social Studies, but it is not my first time teaching 8th graders.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you on the cyberstrike. I've been at this game for a long time and I'm always wonderfully surprised by the smallest of thins.

Nes

Dashie through the snow said...

"I find that the more I read and learn, the less I feel like I know." I always feel that way! I have the same problem with the technology. Can you see why teachers don't use it? I sure can. Too many hoops? I like jumping hoops sometimes, just not to do my job!